Each spring, the world’s most influential designers come together in New York for Fashion Week. They present their vision for the coming year’s hottest trends and set the stage for the next big things in weddings.
2017s big trends reach back into the past for inspiration (as all the best ones do!), drawing from classic lace accents, vintage color palettes and even 70s styling and bold floral patterns. Texture will play a huge role in the new styles in the form of embellishments like sequins, lace, ruffles and pleats.
There is definitely something for every woman in the bridesmaid’s dress trends for 2017..
Hot Wedding Colors for 2017
In 2016, Rose Quartz was Pantone’s co-Color of the Year and featured prominently in the ‘rustic chic’ take on a vintage color palette that still remains a favorite of many brides.
1) Blush was all the rage and will still be en vogue in 2017, but instead of accents of gold, this year copper and bronze will join the mix.
2) Blush can also be seen paired with tones of grey, blue, apricot and even green.
3) Metallic accents on bridesmaid dresses will take the form of sequins and beading, whether as entire sequined dresses or an overlay of lace (another hot and trending embellishment) cinched with sequins along the waistline.
4) Also, associated with blush palettes, the ballet trend was a hit on the runways. Pleats and ruffles are signature ballet elements to watch out for.
5) Flower crowns - the 2017 versions will have more structure and incorporate more beading and jewels.
6) In contrast, the shades of pink are growing bolder this year, and the floral print trend will expand. A fun way to feature a bold floral pattern (without overwhelming the entire wedding party with an extreme print) is to choose one color for the bridesmaid dresses and a floral pattern with that color in it for just the maid of honour. The combination allows for a bold statement but on a subtle scale.
7) Wedding parties will continue to enjoy the freedom to mix and match gowns for the best personal fit in 2017.
8) Popular options include high necklines paired with super-high front slits - simultaneously modest and revealing.
9) Cap sleeves and lace sleeves are sweet additions, as are mix-and-match textures like embroidered tops with flowy tulle skirts.
10) Two-piece ensembles are hot and crop tops can be seen on brides and bridesmaids alike.
11) Two-color combinations (think black lace top and a light, solid-color sleek chiffon skirt) are perfect when bold is your goal.
12) The love affair with bohemian style will continue in 2017, and maxi dresses in every vintage shade will be ever popular.
13. Hot hairstyles are similar to the braided up-dos of 2016, but with a little bit less perfection and topped more often with crowns, or structured floral rings than with traditional veils.
The keys to bridesmaid fashion trends in 2017 are connection with the past and vision of the future.
It promises to be yet another exciting year to watch!
Guest post by Wendy Dessler
Super-Connector at OutreachMama
She frequently writes about the latest advancements in digital marketing and focuses her efforts on developing customized blogger outreach plans depending on the industry and competition. You can contact her on Twitter.