We spoke with Amelia from Whoyou Creative to get her 5 quick tips to get your wedding invitations done right THE FIRST TIME, saving you time, money & frustration down the track.
1. An invitation is the first point of contact with your guests, so establishing the THEME is very important.
2. CONSISTENCY - ensure your theme follows through all stationary and communication with your guests. Think about invitations, envelopes, placecards, order of ceremony/hymn books etc.
3. ESTABLISH THE TOTAL NUMBER OF GUESTS (& THEREFORE INVITATIONS) EARLY in your planning - this will help you to narrow down your options of printing processes that are available to you (digital or traditional offset/letterpress printing)
4. Do your RESEARCH before you buy - seek inspiration, then work out the cost in the real world and then make compromises where necessary.
5. CHOOSE A GOOD GRAPHIC DESIGNER. Nuff said.
What are your must dos for wedding invitation creation/buying? Let us know in the comments.